We’re digging into what your blood chemistry results mean for your fertility.
You may have been told that your blood work is “normal”. Or you may have been told that some markers are out of balance.
Sometimes medication can be given to bring these markers into balance, but typically there is no strategy to address WHY there is an imbalance in the first place.
This can lead to frustration and confusion. You may even feel like IVF is your only hope.
However, moving ahead to IVF without addressing these critical healing opportunities can lead to failed cycles, canceled cycles due to poor response, and an increased risk of miscarriage.
As part of our Fab Fertile Method, we include a blood chemistry review. This review is to educate, not to diagnose, and helps us develop a targeted ACTION plan so that you can improve your chances of pregnancy success with your own eggs.
Justine is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The difference between conventional and functional reference ranges and why this matters as you are preparing for pregnancy success
- We take you through the blood chemistry review and highlight themes we see with the couples we work with so that you can improve your preconception health (i.e. glucose, potassium, vitamin D, thyroid, magnesium, B12, and more)
- How inflammation impacts low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian insufficiency, and diminished ovarian reserve (i.e. High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein)
- MTHFR and how to know if folic acid or methylfolate is right for you
2:14 WELCOME JUSTINE & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
- Blood chemistry always gives us clues about where to dig deeper.
- How we identify themes in your blood chemistry results
5:04 FUNCTIONAL VS. REFERENCE RANGES
- Functional ranges help us to assess areas for optimizing.
- There’s a much wider range for “normal” when the goal is to diagnose disease
6:13 COMPLETE METABOLIC PANEL
- Missed healing opportunities we often find from the complete metabolic panel
- We see a lot of people that are well fed but malnourished.
- How targeted diet recommendations can help bring your levels back in line
8:23 THE PROBLEM WITH RESTRICTIVE DIETS
- Not every diet works for every body
- It’s about trying to meet your goals and your body’s goals.
- Why we make diet recommendations based on your unique results
9:28 LIPID PANEL
- Fats are the precursor for hormones.
- When I was eating low fat and no fat, I was the sickest I’ve ever been.
- The confusing messaging we receive about fats and cholesterol
- Cholesterol is really important.
- Common reasons lipids levels are too high or too low
12:43 THE COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT (CBC)
- The types of deficiences and imbalances we can identify with the CBC
- How different types of tests can correlate
14:01 FULL THYROID PANEL
- Why it’s not enough to test TSH alone
- Thyroid hormones are really important for fertility.
17:27 VITAMIN D
- Vitamin D is one of the basic supplements we recommend.
- Why most people have low Vitamin D levels
- 80% of us are deficient in magnesium.
- The connection between magnesium deficiency and your stress hormones
- Magnesium is a calming mineral.
21:54 VITAMIN B12
- B12 is important for sperm count and female fertility.
- We’re always asking why the levels are low, to begin with.
23:45 IRON PANEL
- Iron is important for egg health and thyroid health.
24:53 FASTING INSULIN
- Insulin resistance impacts implantation, increases the risk of miscarriage and disrupts ovulation.
- We see this in the majority of our PCOS clients and it can usually be rectified easily
25:51 HIGH SENSITIVITY C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (hs-CRP)
- MTHFR makes it difficult for the body to utilize folic acid.
- Genetics loads the gun and the environment pulls the trigger
- What we can learn from homocysteine levels
29:50 FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Are you stuck in a food rut? Not sure exactly what to eat to enhance your fertility? Our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 356: How To Look Beyond The Fertility Diagnosis So That You Can Improve Pregnancy Success
- Episode 42: Magnesium Deficiency and the Link to Infertility
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!