We’re digging into how the elimination diet can improve pregnancy success.
The first place we start with the couples in our Fab Fertile Couples Coaching Program is the elimination diet.
It is the gold standard to figure out if you have a food sensitivity, and we have BOTH partners do the elimination diet (it is not just about you changing your diet).
It takes two to have a baby!
While the majority of couples that I speak with tell me they are eating a “clean” diet, most have not done the elimination diet.
Food sensitivity is a stressor on the body and must be addressed (we see so many people get this wrong). If your body is mounting an immune response to your favourite foods, this causes inflammation.
When your body is under attack from seemingly healthy foods (or even not-so-healthy foods), it wants to survive, not to procreate.
Figuring out the diet that is RIGHT for you is essential when you are trying to conceive.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Is your infertility a symptom of something else going on in your body (Hint – digestive issues, skin problems, mood problems, joint issues and autoimmunity are ALL clues).
- What is a leaky gut, and why this matters if you are TTC.
- Which foods to avoid during the elimination. How to reintroduce the foods (this part is crucial).
- Which foods will you eat (it is NOT about starving or drinking green juice).
- How to commit and actually start the elimination diet. Gluten light/dairy light do NOT work.
- Supplement recommendations and lifestyle strategies to support you during an elimination diet.
Special discount for Fab Fertile Community!
Save over 70% on our Step-By-Step Guide To The Elimination Diet To Optimize Your Fertility.
Check out the Fertility Preparation Program – 10 Day Elimination Diet (includes chef-prepared recipes, meal plan & grocery shopping list)
The Fertility Preparation Program includes:
- Recorded calls – beginning and end of the program
- Community support with Facebook Group
- Chef-Prepared Recipes
- Meal Plan
- Grocery Shopping List
- Essential Oils – recommendations
- Supplements – recommendations plus discount
- Fertility Yoga – tips to do at home
- Fertility Acupressure – the exact steps to do at home!
- Fertility Massage – how to perform abdominal self massage!
- Bonus #1– Fabulously Fertile ebook
- Bonus #2 -Fabulously Fertile ecookbook
- Bonus #3 – AM/PM Fertility Yoga Video’s (morning and evening class)
2:33 INTRODUCTION TO TODAY’S TOPIC & WELCOME BRANDY BUSKOW
4:00 THE FUNCTIONAL APPROACH
- There are a lot of underlying issues that have led to your diagnosis.
- We help our clients address all the underlying factors
5:33 HEALTH ISSUES THAT WE TYPICALLY SEE ALONGSIDE AN INFERTILITY DIAGNOSIS
- We often see digestive, mood, skin issues and more
- It’s important to step back and listen for the clues our body gives us.
9:10 UNDERSTANDING LEAKY GUT
- Leaky gut can lead to a lot of these issues
- What is leaky gut?
- Stress is the number one cause of leaky gut.
- What happens when leaky gut goes untreated
- The connection between glyphosate (a herbicide in Roundup) and leaky gut
- How switching to organic foods benefits your gut
16:18 WHY WE START WITH A FOOD ELIMINATION DIET
- You don’t know how poorly you’re feeling until you feel awesome.
- We have you remove certain foods from your diet for 10 days and then reintroduce them gradually afterwards
- The foods you should avoid in an elimination diet
- Surprising sources of gluten that may be in your diet
- Dairy is very rewarding to the dopamine centers in your brain, making it hard to give up.
- The problem with processed sugar
23:49 TOP GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS TO AVOID
- Artificial sweeteners are very disruptive to the gut microbiome.
- The simple rules you can use to identify better food options
28:01 WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU START THE ELIMINATION DIET
- How to start reintroducing foods after the first 10 days
- We always recommend at the minimum, taking out dairy and gluten for 60 days.
- There is no perfect time to start.
32:32 WHY GLUTEN-LIGHT & DAIRY-LIGHT DON’T WORK
- If you’re going to eliminate gluten, you have to do it all the way.
- For people with gluten sensitivity, it can take months to heal from a gluten exposure
- You need to be patient, but it’s definitely worth it.
34:34 GLUTEN CROSS-REACTORS
- What are gluten cross-reactors?
- Red flags that signal you might have issues with cross-reactors
35:41 DETOX SYMPTOMS
- You might experience some of these symptoms when you start the elimination diet
- Once you get past day four, things tend to get a lot better.
- How to support your liver during the elimination diet
- Movement is very important.
- It’s critical that you recognize the importance of what you place on your fork every day.
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Mentioned in this episode
- Fab Fertile Support Group | Symptom Checklist
- Environmental Working Group
- EWG’s Dirty Dozen Guide to Food Chemicals: The top 12 to avoid
- Fertility Preparation Program – 10 Day Elimination Diet
Are you stuck in a food rut? Not sure exactly what to eat to enhance your fertility? Our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 360: Why Your Blood Chemistry Matters and How To Improve Your Markers When You Are TTC
- Episode 332: How To Know If Gluten Needs To Be Avoided When You Are TTC
- Episode 6: Functional Medicine 101 and Your Fertility
- Episode 17: Do You Really Need To Switch To Organic?
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!