I’m excited to welcome Brandy Buskow back to the podcast.
We’re digging into why IVF should be your last step.
Brandy is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to got to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
She is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and Certified Transformational Health Coach and EFT Practitioner. She loves supporting women so they can learn how functional medicine addresses the underlying cause of disease or illness.
Most women that reach out to me (yes it’s the women who come to me first) although we coach couples…have usually gone to a fertility clinic.
Typically they have had multiple failed IUI’S and IVF’s…they may even have been told that donor eggs are their only option.
They may feel like they are backed up against a wall, that time and money are running out.
They come to me as a last resort.
I started the Get Pregnant Naturally podcast because I want couples who are struggling with infertility to wake up!
I want you to know that infertility does not happen in a bubble….there are other health issues going on in your body.
And with functional medicine we can get to the root cause of WHY it’s not working.
- long term birth control use
- undetected autoimmune disease
- food sensitivities
- gut infections (parasites, bacteria, worms)
- thyroid dysfunction
- chronic stress
- environmental toxin overload
- over exercising/under-eating
- blood sugar dysregulation
- poor sleep
- digestive issues – constipation/diarrhea
There is a reason.
If the majority of us can get pregnant naturally, why are we all rushing towards the fertility clinic?
1) The technology is available so we should use it…right? What about the couple who goes through 6,7,8 failed IVF’s? This is real…and it’s absolutely heartbreaking.
2) We’ve been told our eggs are old, we’re old, we want our family now and can’t wait. I get it! Patience is something I struggle with too! But in the grand scheme of YOUR life – taking a minimum of 6 months to heal/prepare your body for a a baby…makes sense for your health, a healthy postpartum period and most of all the health of your child.
If the average IVF takes 3 cycles and 60K for a successful outcome…is this really a logical first step?
Functional medicine can get to the bottom of WHY it’s not working in the first place….plus the investment is no where near the cost of IVF.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) The statistics behind IVF, why the fertility market is expected to grow, the average number of IVF’s done in 2018 and why those statistics matter to you.
2) How IVF impacts the health of the mother and child.
3) Why epigenetics are so important and why your health impacts the health of your children and your children’s children.
4) How functional medicine can help you conceive and have your baby. We break down your exact steps.