Today I’m welcoming Justine Altman back to the podcast.
We’re digging into how to optimize pregnancy success after miscarriage.
Experiencing a miscarriage opens you up to a tremendous range of emotions, including anger, depression, isolation, and shame.
If you’ve had a miscarriage, it’s vital not to judge yourself or your feelings. Pregnancy loss is physical and emotional trauma, and you should take the time you need to work through it.
When you’re ready to try to conceive again, we review some of the most common reasons someone can have a miscarriage and options to investigate.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) Why looking at this gene variant is important to consider if you’ve experienced miscarriage
2) Why reviewing these blood markers can give us healing opportunities that may be missed by conventional medicine.
3) What role diet/lifestyle plays with miscarriage and how to know which suggestions are right for you
4) Why taking time to allow the body to heal after a miscarriage is essential and how to optimize your chances of a successful pregnancy
05:56- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND JUSTINE’S BIO
07:40- MISCARRIAGE THEME: IGNORING THE MALE PARTNER’S HEALTH
- The importance of looking at both the female AND the male partner
- Being told you are “fine” does not mean that you are in the ‘sweet spot’ according to the functional ranges
- The declining rates of sperm count and previous episodes we recommend on the topic
10:55- MISCARRIAGE THEME: MTHMR
- Why B vitamins are important for fertility
- The right supplements for prenatal health
- Supporting the liver (and why that’s important)
- Gentle detox remedies
16:26- MISCARRIAGE THEME: HOMOCYSTEINE
- Blood tests, elimination diets, and stress levels
- C-Reactive proteins and inflammation
- “Diet is number one.”
21:09- MISCARRIAGE THEME: THYROID DYSFUNCTION
- Understanding the importance of the functional ranges
- Looking at the other issues that may be causing the dysfunction
- Medication, supplements, and the “band-aid approach”
- Issues with gluten and the thyroid
- Autoimmune issues, gluten, and leaky gut
- When our body seems as though it’s at war with itself
- “Saying I’m mostly gluten-free is not good enough.”
- “It might feel overwhelming but it can be empowering.”
- Potassium deficiencies and the thyroid
33:45- MISCARRIAGE THEME: IODINE DEFICIENCY
36:05- MISCARRIAGE THEME: BLOOD CLOTTING DISORDER
- What you can do to increase blood flow
37:03- MISCARRIAGE THEME: INFECTIONS
- Stool and hair testing and identifying exposures to toxins
- “If we address some of the foundational changes-in a lot of cases the issues can fade on their own”
- “Heavy metals do not serve a purpose in the body.”
- “Test don’t guess- knowledge is power.”
41:51- MISCARRIAGE THEME: PROGESTERONE DEFICIENCY
- “The name of the game for us is looking for the root cause.”
46:44- FINAL THOUGHTS
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):