Today I’m welcoming Erin Oberlander to the podcast.
We’re digging into how to reduce stress with holistic lifestyle hacks.
What I’ve found working with couples on the fertility journey is that oftentimes joy is put on hold.
We can only be happy when we’re pregnant and when our baby arrives. Until then happiness and joy evade us.
I can relate to the feeling of wanting to have my child so badly, that nothing else mattered.
I remember feeling so singularly focused and driven to get pregnant that I didn’t pay attention to all the good that was already around me.
But that only made me feel frustrated, restless, and discontented.
Now the more I slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures I can access joy and peace more easily.
So how do we bring joy back into life now so we can reduce the stress, overwhelm and establish a fertile mindset as we prepare to welcome our child?
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) Top hacks to move to a holistic lifestyle that is beneficial for fertility
2) The benefits of sound healing and how do we start the practice.
3) Essential oils to help with reducing anxiety and stress so we can move into the parasympathetic state as we prepare for pregnancy success
4) What we can learn about homesteading and how it can help us slow down during the fertility journey
04:05- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND ERIN OBERLANDER’S BIO
04:39- ERIN’S PERSONAL STORY AND HEALING JOURNEY
- Discovering that she wasn’t finding the answers she was looking for through the conventional paths and finding natural healing opportunities
05:40- WHERE DO WE START IF WE ARE WANTING TO LIVE A MORE NATURAL LIFESTYLE?
- Getting back in touch with the cycles of nature
- How do we get back in touch with nature in a modern environment that doesn’t support that?
- “There are seasons to slow down and seasons to speed up.”
09:00- DETAILS ABOUT THE SEASONS AND HOW THAT CAN INFORM OUR LIFESTYLE
- “In every season nature is giving us what our bodies are primed to do.”
- Erin walks through each season and how that informs diet and lifestyle
- A fun recipe for when your body needs something cool to eat
- Honoring your body’s desire for certain temperature changes in diets
16:48- AROMATHERAPY, ESSENTIAL OILS, AND ADAPTOGENIC HERBS
- How to use these tools to moderate stress and enhance sleep
- Erin’s essential oil hacks for stress reduction, flow state, fertility, etc.
- “There is a difference between being focused and being focused in a mindful way.”
21:59- SOUND HEALING AND ITS BENEFITS
- Why she believes that sound healing is a “short circuit” to get you to where you want energetically
- In-person sound healing vs online sessions
- Why is the sound sometimes so loud? What does it mean?
- Demystifying sound healing and understanding what it really is scientifically
- Reaching a “coherent state”
32:52- ILUNER INFUSION TEAS- HOW DOES IT HELP US?
35:40- HOMESTEADING- HOW DOES IT TEACH US TO SLOW DOWN?
- “Nature is supplying everything you need in every moment.”
- Giving back to the land as much as the land is giving you.
- Exploring how many needs you can supply for yourself (and then giving access to others)
- “You cannot rush nature”
- “You cannot do something in a season that it was not attended for.”
- “You need to partner with nature rather than try to fight against it.”
- How to use these concepts even when you live in urban areas or condensed spaces
- “Your quality of life improves when you get back in touch with nature.”
45:00- ERIN’S FAVORITE RESOURCES
46:15- ERIN’S FAVORITE SUCCESS STORY
49:01- ERIN’S FREE DISCOVERY CALL & WHAT TO EXPECT
49:52 ERIN’S FINAL THOUGHTS
- “Nature does not ever hurry.”
- “See this as a process that is going to unfold for you over many years.”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
- Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
- Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):