We’re digging into how to be joyful now when you are TTC.
Have you ever thought, “I’ll be happy when I have my baby”?
Chasing happiness can make us feel stuck and take us out of the present moment.
So many of us on the fertility journey have put joy on hold.
We spend our time researching fertility, feeling stuck in comparison and triggered by baby announcements or figuring out how to avoid going to a baby shower.
Setting boundaries is essential (no, you don’t need to attend every baby shower).
However, thinking about a place where you are happy in the future helps you avoid the pain you may be experiencing. It’s a coping mechanism.
But how is this serving you? What if you could release the control? What if you could experience both the good and the bad emotions? You can laugh and cry.
What if you could choose joy now?
Samantha Coffin is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility, your body is desperately trying to tell you something. Focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic, it will improve your chances of success. Samm is a mindset and wellness coach.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why many of us on the fertility journey have stopped experiencing joy
- Tips to bring joy into our lives so that we release impatience and cultivate inner peace
- Why bringing a playful attitude to our can help reduce stress and bring us back to the present moment
2:07 WELCOME SAMM & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
3:20 SAMM’S HEALTH JOURNEY
- Getting a diagnosis after years of being in pain
- I didn’t know how to care for myself.
- How Sam finally recognized the impact that different foods were having on her body
- The long road of infertility
5:36 MEDICAL GASLIGHTING
- Many times you’re led to believe that your symptoms are normal when they’re actually signalling a problem
- I’m still having the experience of feeling like I’m a hypochondriac.
- Pay attention when you’re not feeling optimal
- You can start the healing process by looking at the whole body
7:33 PUTTING JOY ON HOLD DURING STRUGGLE
- We tend to put joy on hold even though joy is what gets us through the struggle.
- How to live in the present moment
- When we have such a single-minded focus, we forget to see the other joys in our life
- If your cup is empty, you have nothing to give to someone else
11:28 PRIORITIZING PAIN OVER PLEASURE
- Figuring out what brings you joy vs what you think should bring you joy
- No one gains anything from living in the shoulds.
- Part of achieving pregnancy success is taking care of yourself.
- Before you parent your child, you need to parent yourself
17:14 TIPS TO HELP YOU FIND JOY AGAIN
- It’s helpful to have someone in your life you can be 100% authentic with.
- Getting back to basics
18:55 FINDING PEACE IN FRIENDSHIP
- The danger of pulling away from your support system to avoid triggers
- Navigating the rollercoaster of emotions on the fertility journey
24:04 THE SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF YOUR FERTILITY PATH
- Spirit Baby communication
- You’re allowed to be excited. You just get to be excited longer than other people.
28:50 GETTING CLOSE TO NATURE
- For me, greenery and nature are very calming.
- The powerful benefits of forest bathing
- Being in nature is very restorative.
31:47 GETTING INTENTIONAL ABOUT YOUR CONSUMPTION
- I like to say I’m on a low-information diet.
- The lifestyle changes Sam has made to protect her mental health
- It’s essential to find something that centres you.
36:19 HOW DO YOU HAVE FAITH THAT JOY WILL COME?
- Practices and tools that can help you to connect with optimism and joy
- Living in a place of gratitude rewires your brain and allows you to be more optimistic.
39:26 FUN & PLAY ARE NOT JUST FOR CHILDREN
- As we get older, we tend to put the fun side of things aside.
- Go back to dating your partner.
41:27 INTENTIONAL REST
- Weave rest into your routine.
43:23 MAKING TIME FOR SERVICE
- Serving others helps to increase your happiness levels.
- Getting creative and finding things to do that may not look like traditional service
45:42 SAMM’S TOP RECOMMENDATIONS
52:38 SAMM’S FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
- Episode 351: How To Trust That You Can Get Pregnant and Have Your Baby with Nichole Causey
Mentioned in this episode
- Nichole Causey’s Spirit Baby Communication (Sacred Womb Wellness Meditation)
- Mantra App
- 5 Minute Journal App
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Legacy
Legacy: the digital fertility clinic that allows you to test, freeze, and improve your sperm from home. Legacy allows you to test your sperm with a mail-in kit so you can produce a sample in the comfort of your own home. Their kits use a transport media that’s clinically proven to protect and extend the life of sperm for overnight shipping.
Legacy’s kit does not require a prescription, and semen analysis starts at $199. Every client has the option to discuss their results with one of their male fertility specialists if they choose.
Use code FabFertile for 20% off your fertility analysis at GiveLegacy.com.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!