Sarah Clark & Justine Altman joins us this week to dig into the how-to move from the Standard American/Western Diet to a healthy diet for your fertility.
Let’s face it eating a diet that is right for our fertility is confusing.
Whether it’s fertility superfoods, generalized recommendations about what to eat, or avoid for optimized fertility…we may not know where to start.
However, we all know that eating packaged processed foods is not healthy for anyone – especially if we are trying to conceive.
Changing to a healthy preconception diet is not about deprivation or eating food that tastes like cardboard.
It’s about finding the most nutrient-dense foods that actually taste good so that you can prepare for a successful pregnancy.
And it’s not a “diet” – it’s a lifestyle change that literally is life-changing – our clients tell us so!
You have your WHY, so let’s get started.
I’m excited to welcome Justine Altman back to the podcast.
Justine is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Justine is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She was diagnosed with POCS and struggled with infertility but after taking a functional approach was able to have both her children naturally.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to make the change from the standard western diet to the healthy fertility diet/lifestyle
- How to set your intention so you stay committed. These changes may be simple but they are not easy.
- How to keep it simple without spending hours in the kitchen cooking.
- What to look for on labels so you don’t eat the wrong foods.
- What to do about emotional eating. How to deal with excuses or lack of motivation
- Why it’s important to include your partner in the changes
Excited that our LIVE Fertility Diet Challenge is launching on Nov 8th. You’ll receive newly designed chef-prepared recipes (perfect for autumn and curated to optimize fertility). There will be daily motivation, guidance, and support from the Fab Fertile Team. Join the Fertility Diet Challenge here>>>>http://fertilitydietfreebie.com/
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
06:43- INTRO TO TODAY’S TOPIC AND JUSTINE’S BIO
07:54- SARAH’S & JUSTINE’S EATING HISTORY AND BACKGROUND WITH FOOD
12:25- WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO START WHEN SHIFTING TO A HEALTHY DIET?
- Paying attention to what works for you but understanding commitment
- “We have a decision to make everytime we put food into our mouths.”
- The most important thing is to eliminate foods that cause inflammation
- The mindset shift that this is not “a diet” and you are not depriving yourself
- “The food choices become a gateway to a healthier lifestyle.”
- How eating healthier actually simplifies your life (including shopping!)
21:00- DOES IT HURT BINGING JUNK FOOD THE DAY BEFORE YOUR HEALTH JOURNEY BEGINS?
- “The best thing you can ever do is just start now.”
- “Every forkful you put in your mouth either makes you healthier or sicker.”
23:14- KEEPING IT SIMPLE
- It’s a lifestyle change, start where you are
- What if you don’t like certain fruits or vegetables?
- “It’s about baby upgrades.”
- Emotional responses to food and how your palate can change
25:41- WHEN READING LABELS WHAT SHOULD WE LOOK FOR?
- Being intentional where you go in the grocery store
- “Be your own detective with the labels.”
- Understanding where Gluten can hide in certain foods
29:38-SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS BY HAVING HEALTHY FOOD AVAILABLE
- Packing healthy snacks in your purse, cleaning out your pantry
- Habit changes- and understanding how long they actually take to form
34:12- EMOTIONAL EATING: WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Understanding your body’s cues and what it really wants
- Other rewards can you give yourself
- Tips from Sarah about portion sizes
36:23- DRINKING MORE WATER
- Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger
37:12-THE IMPORTANCE OF DOING THIS WITH YOUR PARTNER
- Who is cooking? Are you having to cook separate meals?
- The importance of your partner “getting it” and being on board
38:57- FINAL THOUGHTS
- “Just do it as soon as you can.”
39:15- DETAILS ABOUT OUR FREE FERTILITY DIET CHALLENGE
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
- Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
- Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
What You Need To Know Before You Decide On IVF – https://fab.basnexus.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-before-you-decide-on-ivf/
Top Tips To Lose Weight During The Fertility Journey – https://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/top-tips-to-lose-weight-during-the-fertility-journey
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):