We’re digging into how emotional eating impacts the fertility journey.
As you may know, optimizing the diet is one of the first steps in our Fab Fertile Method.
But what if you are ready to upgrade your diet and optimize your fertility but you’re an emotional eater?
You may find yourself with a healthy eating plan but then life intervenes and you drown your feelings in a bag of chips or a pint of ice cream.
It can be a vicious cycle filled with guilt and shame that only keeps us stuck and unable to make the diet changes we need to improve preconception health.
Today I’m excited to welcome Tricia Nelson to the podcast. Tricia is an internationally acclaimed author, transformational speaker, and Emotional Eating Expert. She lost fifty pounds by identifying and healing the underlying causes of her emotional eating.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why 98% of diets fail and how to keep to your healthy eating plan that optimizes fertility
- How to spot the difference between an emotional eater and a food addict
- How to differentiate between emotional and physical hunger (ie. do you have obsessive food thoughts).
- How to manage stress without using food as a coping mechanism
1:19 WELCOME TRICIA & INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
2:05 HOW TRICIA CAME TO DO THIS WORK
- Tricia’s challenges with her weight and yo-yo dieting
- How she finally realized she was eating emotionally
- Why Tricia created Heal Your Hunger
4:50 THE CYCLE OF GUILT, STRESS, AND EMOTIONAL EATING
- Obviously, if you could lose the weight, you would.
- If you try to diet but don’t address the underlying causes, it’s not going to work
- It’s not about deprivation, it’s about finding the food that’s right for your body
6:26 WHY 98% OF ALL DIETS FAIL
- Building healthy coping skills that support us
8:32 DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN EMOTIONAL & PHYSICAL HUNGER
- Recognizing when we’re hungry versus using food as a treat or reward
- How Tricia’s 3 Meal Magic plan helps you to move away from emotional eating
- Understanding the roots of your emotional eating
- It feels really good to eat substantial, nutritious meals on a regular schedule.
13:42 WHAT TO DO ABOUT 2 AM CRAVINGS
- Overeaters tend to be over-doers.
- The reasons our cravings tend to get worse at night
14:51 THE TOP TWO WEIGHT LOSS MISTAKES YOU MIGHT BE MAKING
- We’re way too obsessed with the number on the scale.
- Why focusing on the scale sets us up for failure
- If we’re not emotionally eating, chances are we’re going to lose weight.
- Why intermittent fasting is not a great choice for many emotional eaters
- Any time we try to hack the system when it comes to weight loss, it’s going to fail.
20:25 OUR JOB IS TO NURTURE OURSELVES
21:30 TYPICAL REASONS FOR EMOTIONAL EATING
- The PEP Test for understanding the connections between eating and your emotions
- What’s going on? What am I afraid of? What’s hurting?
24:30 HOW DO YOU SWITCH OVER TO HEALTHY COMFORTS?
- Make deposits to your spiritual bank account first thing in the morning.
- Having a morning routine of calm and quiet can be a big help
- Why community is so important for your health journey
- Self-care allows us to be better nurturers to others
28:08 GETTING STARTED WITH ADDRESSING EMOTIONAL EATING
- How you can start with subtraction, instead of adding more to your plate
- Being aware of where you might be taking on too much
31:03 WHAT TRICIA’S EXCITED ABOUT & A SUCCESS STORY
32:44 TRICIA’S QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Tricia Nelson
- Tricia Nelson’s Website
- Join Tricia Nelson’s 5-Day Quit Sugar Challenge
- Tricia Nelson’s Quiz | Are you an emotional eater or a food addict?
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 339: Why These Symptoms Matter When You Are TTC
Mentioned in this episode
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our fertility bundles with the essentials for preconception health.
Visit https://bit.ly/fabfertilestore and use code VIP15 to save 15% off your order.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!