Today I’m welcoming Justine Altman back to the podcast!
We’re digging into how sleep impacts fertility.
Justine is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception.
If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Justine is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She was diagnosed with POCS and struggled with infertility but after taking a functional approach was able to have both her children naturally.
It’s day #2 of our fertility series.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
1) Why sleep matters for fertility. When is the best time to go to bed?
2) What to do if you or your partner snores.
3) Steps to take tonight to prepare for a good sleep.
4) We discuss supplements such as melatonin and if they are helpful or harmful.
5) What it could mean if you can’t fall asleep at night.
- Sleep cycles and what happens when you are waking up at certain times at night
- How our hormones are affected by disrupted sleep patterns
- But what if you are a night owl? Do grownups need a bedtime?
- Why the furniture in your room matters
- Eliminating electronics and blue light
- “Any amount of light tells our melatonin to go down”
- Reducing caffeine
- “Remove anything that is stimulating before bed.”
- “If you get better sleep, you are healthier, and a healthier person has better chances with IVF, period.”
- “Supplements are no good if you do not have a healthy diet.”
- Other natural options for improving sleep.
- Getting to the root of WHY you are not sleeping
- How our body’s stress can be elevated at night because of gut bugs
- “If you have issues with your sleep, that is a clue.”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):