Today I’m welcoming Justine Altman back to the podcast!
We’re digging into the basic supplements you need to know about if you are TTC
Justine is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception.
If you are struggling with infertility…your body is desperately trying to tell you something…focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Justine is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She was diagnosed with POCS and struggled with infertility but after taking a functional approach was able to have both her children naturally.
There is a lot of information about which supplements are right for fertility.
And like most women that I speak with you are probably taking A LOT of supplements.
But are these supplements optimizing or harming your fertility?
And taking supplements for years and not really knowing WHY or if they are helpful…doesn’t make sense either!
As you may know, we take a functional approach to fertility and while supplements are included in our customized protocols (which are based on testing) – they are only a part of the equation.
Because there is no magic pill you can take that will out supplement the basics – such as diet, sleep, movement, and stress.
That’s why we wanted to talk about the BASIC supplements that we DO recommend for both men and women so that you don’t waste time and money taking the wrong ones.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) How to watch out for dyes, fillers, and top allergens in your supplements
2) Our take on generalized fertility supplement recommendations (are they worth your money?) i.e. chastetree, maca, royal jelly, bee pollen, zinc, iron
3) Our basic (these are the supplements you need to be taking if you are TTC) supplement recommendations (your partner is included too!)
4) Our approach with supplements and why they are only part of the equation. We discuss the importance of diet, sleep, exercise, and stress so that you can prepare your body in the best way for pregnancy success.
- Why taking heaps of supplements can be problematic
- Why we are addressing supplements for both men and woman
- “You cannot out supplement the basics.”
- The importance of good quality supplements
- The harm low-quality supplements can have
- Should you buy supplements from Amazon?
- Supplements that might be helpful, but aren’t always for everyone
- What you MUST have in your prenatal
- OMEGA 3’s vs. OMEGA 6’s
- Anti-inflammatory properties
21:03- VITAMIN D3 & K2
- Why is it important? Why do we take K2 with it?
- How long should we be taking them?
- Which ones we should temporarily take vs. take long-term.
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit here. Receive a 15% discount on your order.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):