We’re digging into how acupuncture can help with diminished ovarian reserve.
As you may know, we work to support couples with low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve and premature ovarian insufficiency to get pregnant naturally or improve their chances of pregnancy success with their own eggs.
When we address the stressors that impact fertility the body comes back into balance, which optimizes fertility.
Acupuncture can support the body as we prepare for pregnancy success if we have diminished ovarian reserve.
Today I’m excited to welcome Dr. Susan Fox to the podcast. Susan combines traditional Chinese Medicine with functional medicine.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Specific acupuncture points to help improve egg quality
- How acupuncture supports follicle health
- Diet and lifestyle recommendations for diminished ovarian reserve
5:03 INTRO & WELCOME DR. SUSAN
6:14 DR. SUSAN’S JOURNEY TO SUPPORTING PATIENTS WITH THEIR FERTILITY
- How Dr. Susan was guided to this work
9:00 ACUPUNCTURE & DIMINISHED OVARIAN RESERVE (DOR)
- The diagnoses are helpful for having a place to begin our investigation.
- Focusing on the quality instead of the number of follicles
- Using acupuncture to improve blood flow to the ovaries
10:43 THE FOUR PILLARS OF OUR HEALTH
- Finding hope after your diagnosis
12:16 THE PHYSIOLOGICAL IMPACT OF STRESS
- How we’ve normalized living in a state of constant stress
- What we can do to support our body
- Every cell is a reflection of how we have approached the stressful aspects of our day.
- The benefits of using electrolyte support
16:00 ACUPUNCTURE POINTS
- Acupuncture points stimulated at various stages of the menstrual cycle
- Acupressure versus acupuncture
19:21 UNDERSTANDING WHAT’S NORMAL
- Is a little bleeding okay?
- We don’t ever need to get an “ow” response.
21:14 MICROCURRENT POINT STIMULATION
- Using the microcurrent to mimic the arterial pulse
- The points where a microcurrent is most often applied in fertility
22:22 WHAT TO EXPECT DURING TREATMENT
- How a typical session works
- Dr. Susan’s approach to ear treatments
- Post-treatment “acuphoria”
- Recommendations for supporting your body after treatment
- Acupuncture is revelatory in its work to balance the body.
25:37 WHERE TO FIND QUALIFIED ACUPUNCTURE PRACTITIONERS
- It’s crucial to find someone who has specific training in reproductive health fields
- Resources you can use to find a practitioner
27:34 ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT AS PART OF A WIDER APPROACH
- Why acupuncture is beneficial beyond your current cycle
- There is no one thing that is going to be the magic button.
29:36 DIET & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Breaking down the ideal plate
- Lifestyle recommendations for DOR and PCOS
- Taking care of your sleep hygiene
36:17 THE HOUR OF OUR ADRENALS
- What it means when we’re waking up between 2 to 4 am
- Adaptogen herbs for clearing cortisol
- Supplementation to support your adrenals
39:26 RETHINKING SUCCESS
41:04 DR. SUSAN’S RECOMMENDED RESOURCES FOR YOUR FERTILITY JOURNEY
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Dr.Susan Fox
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 330: Strategies To Help You For The New Year When You Have Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 122: How To Keep Intimacy Alive During The Fertility Journey
Mentioned in this Episode
- Dana Cohen’s Book | Quench: Beat Fatigue, Drop Weight, and Heal Your Body Through the New Science of Optimum Hydration
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
- Randine Lewis’ Book | The Way of the Fertile Soul: Ten Ancient Chinese Secrets to Tap into a Woman’s Creative Potential
- Mary Wong’s Book | Pathways to Pregnancy: Personal Stories and Practical Advice for Your Fertility Journey
- Denise Wiesner’s Book | Conceiving with Love: A Whole-Body Approach to Creating Intimacy, Reigniting Passion, and Increasing Fertility
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Use code FEBRUARY2022 to waive your application fee. Valid until Sunday, February 27, 2022.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!