Fatima Shaikh joins us as we’re digging into how to deepen your faith from a Muslim perspective during the fertility journey.
Welcome to day #3 of our series on faith and fertility.
When we are faced with a fertility diagnosis such as low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian insufficiency, or diminished ovarian we may feel shocked, hopeless, lost, and overwhelmed.
We may even question our body’s ability to procreate.
Over the next few days, I’ll be discussing how our faith can help us during our fertility journey.
Because we can change our diet, improve our sleep, do all the latest tests to optimize our fertility, but it is equally important to work on our mindset and the belief that we are parents the moment we begin trying to conceive.
Our Fab Fertile Method includes a mind, body spirit approach to fertility. All steps are necessary – not all at once – but layered in a personalized approach.
Today I’m excited to welcome Fatima Shaikh. Fatima is part of my team at Fab Fertile. Fatima is an Integrative Fertility Coach who helps women redefine their fertility story and optimize hormonal balance so they can prepare their body, mind, and spirit for conception,
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to deepen our connection to God during the fertility journey from an Islamic perspective
- How faith can help during the phases of grief
- How to cope with the pressure to have children (sometimes a marriage can only be validated if it produces children)
- The rules around the Muslim faith and how this can impact us
- How to make mosques welcoming to a couple who is trying to conceive as there are many triggers (i.e. families, children, and pregnant bellies)
Excited that our LIVE Fertility Diet Challenge is launching on Nov 8th. You’ll receive newly designed chef-prepared recipes (perfect for autumn and curated to optimize fertility). There will be daily motivation, guidance, and support from the Fab Fertile Team. Join the Fertility Diet Challenge here>>>>http://fertilitydietfreebie.com/
Apply here to work with us – https://bit.ly/getpregnantpodcast During our call we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges.
This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call.
However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
05:03- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND FATIMA SHAIKH’S BIO
05:40- FATIMA SHAIKH’S PERSONAL STORY WITH FERTILITY
09:27- HOW CAN WE DEEPEN OUR FAITH DURING THE FERTILITY JOURNEY?
- “Every challenge comes with its own opportunity”
- Getting closer to God through understanding His timing
- Calling on God’s name (His various names and reflecting on them)
- Holding your value outside of having children
12:50- HOW DO WE MOVE PAST THE FEELING THAT THIS IS A PUNISHMENT?
- Holding the same degree of respect for women who have children verses who don’t
- Viewing infertility not as a punishment but a way to get to know yourself
- Going inside and discovering your purpose
- “Don’t forget your challenges, embrace them.”
17:01- WHAT IS SHE SEEING WITH MUSLIM WOMEN IN HOW THEY HANDLE FERTILITY ISSUES?
- Understanding what patience looks like and trusting
20:22- HOW CAN WE USE OUR FAITH TO HELP US THROUGH THE STAGES OF GRIEF?
- Empathy and learning how to connect with others through our struggles
- Healing power of being able to cry in front of someone-
- “Reach out to people who have gone through it.”
- Depression and infertility and how often it is not acknowledged
24:25- HER TAKE ON SOME PEOPLE REPORTING THAT MUSLIM WOMEN DO NOT CRY/GRIEVE WITH EACH OTHER
- “You need to find the right person to cry in front of.”
- How do you let go? Still move forward?
28:57- WHAT ABOUT THE PRESSURE TO HAVE CHILDREN IN MARRIAGE?
- “At the end of the day, it’s God’s will whether you will have a child or not.”
32:37- NAVIGATING THE TRIGGERS FOUND IN COMMUNITY SERVICES
34:55- WHAT ABOUT RULES AROUND FAITH? HOW CAN THAT ADD CHALLENGES?
37:32- FAVORITE RESOURCES AND WHERE YOU CAN CONNECT WITH FATIMA
- “See who you are outside of your fertility journey.”
- Seeing your cycle in a different light- moving with it!
- Being “partners” with your spouse during this journey
41:08- FINAL THOUGHTS
- “Don’t go alone. Be open to discovery.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH – https://fab.basnexus.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC – https://fab.basnexus.com/blog/how-not-to-waste-time-when-you-are-ttc/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):