Today I’m welcoming Sheri Johnson to the podcast.
Sheri is a Holistic Nutritionist and Spiritual coach. She’s the creator of Journey to Joy After Miscarriage and the Love & Loss Podcast. After 3 miscarriages and 6 years of infertility, she discovered a process for navigating the emotions of it all using her unique technique.
I regularly speak with women who have experienced miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage. Many times they may not even have shared that they are pregnant (i.e. we wait for the magic 12-week date to announce), which may lead to further isolation.
These intense feelings of loss and grief can be overwhelming. All too often these feelings can be suppressed and misunderstood by friends and family.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) The top myths surrounding miscarriage and why these are not helpful.
2) Suggestions to feel better after miscarriage so you can cope and honor your feelings
06:40- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND SHERI JOHNSON’S BIO
07:12- SHERI’S PERSONAL JOURNEY WITH MISCARRIAGE
- Her path to emotional and spiritual healing
- “Grief shows up in many different ways.”
- Not realizing the healing that needs to be done and grief that needs to be processed
13:00- MYTHS AROUND MISCARRIAGE: AVOIDING EMOTIONS
- Activities that we use to keep our mind off of grief
- The stigma around grieving and certain emotions
- “When you feel it is when you can move through it.”
16:18- MYTHS AROUND MISCARRIAGE: TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS
- Working on your healing instead of waiting for time to heal it
- How journaling and identifying your feelings can help you move through grief
- The power of meditation, essential oils, etc
20:30- MYTHS AROUND MISCARRIAGE: GRIEF IS SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED TO JUST GET THROUGH
- “Grief isn’t linear. It is something that we need to process.”
21:48- MYTHS AROUND MISCARRIAGE: YOU SHOULD NOT TALK ABOUT IT
- The pain of going through a miscarriage alone
- The fear of telling about your pregnancy because of the fear of loss
25:43- HOW DO WE SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH A MISCARRIAGE?
- Sitting with someone in their pain and validating their feelings
- “Don’t be afraid to talk about it.”
28:08- FEELING LIKE THE MISCARRIAGE WAS YOUR FAULT
- Navigating the guilt and shame that there was “something you could have done” or that you caused the miscarriage
- A powerful practice to move through these emotions and the energy of guilt
33:05- HOW TO FEEL BETTER AFTER A MISCARRIAGE
- Putting yourself in the position of nurturing and taking care of something
- Manifesting your baby and cultivating intentional emotions
36:10- MEMORIALIZING YOUR LOSS
- Allowing for closure and honoring your baby’s memory
- It’s never too late and there are a variety of ways to memorialize
38:38- ESSENTIAL OILS FOR LOSS & FORGIVENESS
40:00- SHERI’S FAVORITE RESOURCES
41:05- SHERI’S SUCCESS STORY
43:20- SHERI’S FREE DOWNLOAD
44:04- FINAL THOUGHTS FROM SHERI
- “There are so many healing tools, find something that resonates, and take action.”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
- Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):