We’re digging into how to select a fertility acupuncturist
We recommend acupuncture to our clients as part of our Fab Fertile Method.
However, let’s face it, many practitioners offer acupuncture as part of their services.
But do these practitioners have the appropriate training to help with fertility?
It can be confusing so we’re breaking down how to select a fertility acupuncturist so that you don’t waste time or money as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Today I’m welcoming Tsao-Lin Moy back to the podcast. Using her expertise in fertility she helps women heal underlying health issues and improve their fertility so they can get pregnant naturally using her signature fertility acupuncture protocols and Chinese medicine.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to select a fertility acupuncturist. How to know if they are certified. Which credentials are a must when you are on the fertility journey.
- Top tips to ensure your fertility acupuncture session is effective.
- What to avoid with fertility acupuncture so that you don’t waste time and money.
- How to find a fertility acupuncturist that is close to you.
- How many sessions can help optimize fertility.
- Some recommendations to do at home. We discuss acupressure and how this can be done in between sessions.
1:46 WELCOME TSAO & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
3:10 WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A FERTILITY ACUPUNCTURIST
- The key markers to look for that indicate relevant experience
- Why a fertility specialization is important
- Making sure that your Chinese medicine practitioner can work as a team with your Western medicine practitioner
- How to find out if a practitioner is certified
- Western medicine doesn’t translate directly to Chinese medicine.
8:47 EXPERIENCED VS. CERTIFIED
- Look for someone with years of experience post-certification who is comfortable with advanced techniques
- The longer someone has been practicing, the bigger the body of knowledge that they’ve applied.
- Some medical doctors are allowed to practice acupuncture without additional certification
- What I do is highly tailored and personalized.
- Key differences in how Chinese and Western medicine view healing and treatment
- Western medicine is more transactional. Chinese medicine is transformational.
14:01 COMMON MISTAKES
- Approaching the acupuncture process with the right mindset
- The integration process is important in allowing yourself to heal.
- You have to be prepared to make changes in your life and be an active participant in your health journey
17:22 SETTING THE NECESSARY BOUNDARIES FOR YOUR HEALTH
- Allowing yourself to be in a receiving state for your baby
- The baby comes through you, not from you.
- Digging into the deeper self-talk and mindset that might be negatively affecting your health
24:17 FOUNDATIONAL EXERCISES TSAO RECOMMENDS
- Tracking your cycle is a necessity for every woman
- A lot of times couples don’t even know when their fertile window is.
- Changing your negative self-talk
27:13 HOW ACUPUNCTURE HELPS WITH MINDSET
- We experience emotions chemically and physically.
- Acupuncture releases endorphins that help you feel better
- When you feel better about yourself you make better choices.
29:43 HOW TO FIND A QUALIFIED PRACTITIONER
31:08 WHAT DOES AN ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT PLAN LOOK LIKE?
- Give yourself at least 6 months
- Avoid giving your body a massive overnight shock
34:48 THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE YOURSELF A HEALTHY LIFE
- The lifestyle changes you make on your pregnancy journey would probably serve you well even after you have your baby
- Living is a practice.
37:41 AVOID COMPARISON
38:41 YOUR HEALTH IS A BIGGER TOPIC THAN YOUR FERTILITY
40:02 FREEBIES FROM TSAO FOR HER BOOK, WILL I EVER GET PREGNANT?
- Free Chapter of Will I Ever Get Pregnant?
- Join the exclusive book club to discuss the book with Tsao and attend a live Q&A session
Fab Fertile Method – https://fab.basnexus.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Tsao-Lin Moy
- Tsao Lin Moy’s Website
- Tsao Lin Moy’s Book | Will I Ever Get Pregnant?: The Smart Woman’s Guide to Get Pregnant Naturally Over 40
- Free Chapter of Will I Ever Get Pregnant? & Exclusive Book Club
Mentioned in this episode
- The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Practitioners
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario Practitioners
- Fab Fertile Article | Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture A Proven Method For Enhancing Fertility
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Legacy
Legacy: the digital fertility clinic that allows you to test, freeze, and improve your sperm from home. Legacy allows you to test your sperm with a mail-in kit so you can produce a sample in the comfort of your own home. Their kits use a transport media that’s clinically proven to protect and extend the life of sperm for overnight shipping.
Legacy’s kit does not require a prescription, and semen analysis starts at $199. Every client has the option to discuss their results with one of their male fertility specialists if they choose.
Use code FabFertile for 20% off your fertility analysis at GiveLegacy.com.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page – filled with handpicked products/books/devices – get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fab.basnexus.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!