We’re digging into the question does stress cause infertility?
Welcome to day#1 of our Mini-Series on the impact of stress on fertility. Over the next 3 days, I’ll be giving you actionable steps that you can implement right now to reduce the top stressors so that you can optimize your body for pregnancy success.
We all know that mental-emotional stress can impact our health, but what impact does it have on our fertility?
I’m sure someone has probably told you ”just relax… you’ll get pregnant”. And while this advice may be well-meaning – it is completely unhelpful and places blame on you. Because after all if you could relax and get pregnant you would have done it already!
It may seem unfair that other people don’t have to change their diet, down a million supplements, and never meditate and get pregnant with ease…while you’re stuck doing “all things” and it’s not working.
And this could keep you stuck in comparison. I know we’ve all been there and it can be a slippery slope that is disempowering and can lead to hopelessness.
I wanted to give you some steps to help so that you can address mental-emotional stress and prepare your body to get pregnant naturally.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) Does stress actually cause infertility – we break down the common myths
2) Why telling someone to relax or blaming yourself for stress is not helpful
3) How to address mental-emotional stress so that you can have pregnancy success
05:13- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND JUSTINE’S BIO
06:20- QUESTIONING THE IMPACT Of STRESS ON FERTILITY
- Reducing stress but also reducing the BLAME
- “Stress manifests itself differently in every person.”
- “Stress has the ability to affect fertility.”
- Secondary infertility, autoimmune disease, and loss of resources on the body
13:55- IS THERE RESEARCH ADDRESSING STRESS AND FERTILITY?
- “When we address stress, then pregnancy rates increase.”
- The trauma of infertility and stress from the diagnosis
17:26- THEMES WE SEE IN STRESS
- Overworking and learning to take care of yourself
- Addressing stress in “every direction.”
- Stress in your job and making adjustments
- Being ‘Type A’ and dealing with impatience
- The business of infertility and the pressure to make something happen now
- “We need to teach our body that it is safe.”
- The stress of comparison
23:54- HOW TO REDUCE STRESS
- The “menu” of reducing stress and finding what is right for you.
26:11- FINAL THOUGHTS FROM JUSTINE
- Everything is affecting everything else
27:13- WHAT THE FABFERTILE METHOD INCLUDES
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):