We’re digging into the impact chronic stress has on the body.
Welcome to day #2 of our Mini-Series on the impact of stress on fertility.
I know when I was on the fertility journey I wouldn’t have said I was stressed.
I now know that I experienced chronic stress for years.
I always felt tense and anxious (I had TMJ and at one point couldn’t even open my mouth to eat).
I was very controlling and felt the need to plan everything.
I was super impatient and put a lot of pressure on myself to keep going (I didn’t even take time to grieve when I received my POF diagnosis) I kept focused on my plan to get pregnant.
I didn’t tune into what my body was desperately trying to tell me.
I felt stuck in my job because what I really wanted was to get pregnant and stay home with my baby…and nothing seemed to be working. I felt frustrated and powerless.
I was so guarded. Because I felt if I was vulnerable I wouldn’t be able to cope with the anger and sadness.
This is all hindsight of course. It is hard to see your own issues when you are stuck in the middle of a struggle. It’s taken years of work and self-discovery to ultimately be less hard on myself and give myself some grace.
When we cultivate self-awareness we can let our walls down and the healing can begin.
Chronic stress can wreak havoc on our health and reproductive system. It can seem overwhelming but with targeted steps, we can address chronic stress so that you can prepare for a successful pregnancy.
What you will learn:
1) How chronic stress impacts all systems of the body including reproductive health (and what you can do to minimize your risk)
2) Why addressing situational stress with infertility and also how to address mood imbalances that you have experienced for years (ie. ADHD, brain fog, anxiety, depression) and why this matters for fertility
3) How to address chronic stress with simple techniques you can implement today so that
05:10- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND JUSTINE’S BIO
06:32- SARAH & JUSTINE’S PERSONAL STORIES OF DISCOVERING THE IMPACT OF STRESS
- Getting stuck on the diagnosis and not addressing what is really going on
- “Everything is connected.”
10:43- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN OUR BODY EXPERIENCES STRESS?
- Cortisol’s role in stress and what is happening to our body physically
- “The real solution is that we have to stop the flow of stress.”
14:48- DIFFERENT FORMS OF STRESS
- Although there are different reasons for stress it has similar effects
- The functional medicine matrix and how stress affects this
- “Every bit of stress leads to every other bit of stress.”
- How our body adapts to the environment we are in (and how that affects your fertility)
19:32- STRESSORS CAN BE REAL OR PERCEIVED
- “The body she is whispering to you every day.”
- We are always getting clues and we have to listen
21:15- VARIOUS WAYS TO ADDRESS STRESS
- Therapy, movement, tapping, breathing, sleep, etc.
- You don’t have to do everything- there is a method to the madness
24:49- WHAT THE FABFERTILE METHOD INCLUDES
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):