Today I’m welcoming Jodie Cohen to the podcast!
We’re digging into how to utilize essential oils on the fertility journey.
Jodi Sternoff Cohen is a bestselling author, award-winning journalist, functional practitioner, and founder of Vibrant Blue Oils, where she has combined her training in nutritional therapy and aromatherapy to create unique proprietary blends of organic and wild-crafted essential oils. She has helped over 50,000 clients heal from brain related challenges, including anxiety, insomnia, and autoimmunity.
For the past ten years, she has lectured at wellness centers, conferences, and corporations on brain health, essential oils, stress, and detoxification. She has been seen in The New York Times, Wellness Mama, Elephant Journal, and numerous publications. Her website, vibrantblueoils.com, is visited by over 300,000 natural health seekers every year, and she has rapidly become a top resource for essential oils education on the Internet today.
Our goal at Fab Fertile HQ’s is to reduce inflammation and stressors on the body, in order to optimize preconception health and pregnancy success.
As you may know, we work with complex cases such as low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency, and/or diminished ovarian reserve.
Our proven Fab Fertile Method addresses food sensitivities, gut infections, thyroid dysregulation, blood sugar imbalance, interrupted sleep, mental/emotional stress, and more so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
And while we may know that worrying, feeling impatient, frustrated, or stuck in comparison does not serve us – it’s easier said than done to simply turn off our stressors.
You’ve probably tried a lot of things to reduce your mental-emotional stress, however, usually, it’s a number of small changes that help shift the needle so that the body can know it’s safe for a successful pregnancy.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) How essential oils activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
2) What is the vagus nerve and why it is so important to activate it so that we can reduce stress.
3) How to optimize sleep; address insomnia with simple steps you can implement today.
4) How essential oils help with anxiety, depression, and mood imbalance so that we can increase our resilience.
5) We discuss top essential oil blends and what to look for in essential oil.
05:07- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND JODIE COHEN’S BIO
06:19- JODIE’S PERSONAL STORY
- “Our darkest hours are where our best ideas come from.”
12:45- REDUCING INFLAMMATION WITH OILS
- “You cannot make the stress go away but you can shift your internal gears.”
- The impact of stress on your body and your fertility
- Using essential oils in a specific way to impact your parasympathetic nervous system
19:53- USING ESSENTIAL OILS TO HELP WITH ANXIETY AND INSOMNIA
- Natural ways to trigger Melatonin
23:21- MOOD ISSUES AND ESSENTIAL OILS
- The different regions of the brain and how we can use oils to balance them
25:47- INFLAMMATION AND ESSENTIAL OILS
- Blends for the parasympathetic nervous system
- What “diluting” oils actually does
- How to apply these oils
27:53- WHAT ABOUT DEPRESSION?
- Oil and blend recommendations and how to apply
- Parts of the brain that are affected by mood issues
30:33- AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES AND OILS
- “It boils down to inflammation.”
- The importance of “fluid movement”
- Oils that help with the Lymphatic system
34:39- OILS FOR BALANCING HORMONES
- Castor oil packs, the liver, and gallbladder
- Car sickness and morning sickness (and what that means)
- Recommendations for castor oil packs
- Oils blends to complement castor oil blends
37:34- JODIE’S TOP BLENDS FOR FERTILITY
38:46- HOW DO WE INCORPORATE ALL OF THESE BLENDS?
- Topical vs. Diffusing
40:52- WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN OILS
42:10- JODIE’S FAVORITE RESOURCES
43:16- SUCCESS STORY
44:30- JODIE’S FINAL THOUGHTS
Sponsored by: Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):